Ujjain is a famous city of India. It attracts many devotes every year. The holy River Kshipra flows from Ujjain. In every 12 years Religious festival Simhastha is celebrated in Ujjain which attracts people from all around the world. This religious city has many temples which has great religious belief attached to it. People visit this place to visit religious Ujjain temples.
Ujjain city is said to exist since long back. It is said that traces of incipient urbanization of about 700 BC was found here. Also this city of king Vikramaditya is said to be attached with famous names like Kalidasa, Aryabhata etc. Many famous stories of lord Krishna, lord Ganesha and famous king Akbar is associated with the city also.
Other than temples, Ujjain is also famous for various geographical tests and conducts as tropic of cancer passes from Ujjain. One can plan a trip for Ujjain darshan by booking hotels in Ujjain. Prior reservation can also be done to visit this religious place.
There are many places to enjoy at Ujjain Darshan some of which are:
· Mahakaleshwar Ujjain – The Ujjain Mahakal temple attracts lot of devotes as this temple is among the 12 Jyotirlinga of India. The idol at Mahakaleshwar temple is said to be born by itself and this Mahakaleshwarmandir Ujjain has huge religious belief attached to it.
· Gopal Mandir Ujjain – This religious temple of Lord Krishna displays the true architecture of Maratha period. This temple was built by BayajibaiShinde and every beauty of 19 century can be seen in this temple with some modifications.
· Mangalnath Temple – This Mangalnath temple is having beautiful idol of Lord Shiva and it is said to be the birth place of Mars. It is also said to be the centre of meridian which passes from here.
· Chintaman Ganesh Mandir – This idol situated here is said to take away all worries and tension of devotees who visit here. This temple of Lord Ganesha was established in 11 century.
· Ramghat – This beautiful place attracts lot of devotes who take bath here. This is basically a bathing place from where Kshipra River flows.
· HarsiddhiMandir – This religious temple has idol of goddess Annapurna, Laxmi and Saraswati. The Sri yantra is said to be established here.
· Bada Ganesh Mandir – The idol of huge lord Ganesha situated here symbolizes wisdom and prosperity.
|Posted by:||Admin||December 10, 2015|